Friday, April 20, 2012

A Bitter Sweet lesson!

Today, our F.I.S.H. group (Families In Separate Homes) ended. I began by giving them lemon juice with a VERY small amount of water- clearly, this drink was too sour for them! We talked about how divorce is kind of sour sometimes. Then I asked what are some ways that might help us to make the situation better. Every time they gave me an answer, I added water to their cup. By the end, their drinks were much sweeter and less sour!

Lemons are kind of like families who live in different places. There are some sour things that make divorce/separation difficult, but there are also sweet things about having parents live in different places (less fighting, more attention, etc.).

I hope you can use this in one of your groups because when life gives you lemons...:)