Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Girl Time!

One topic on  this blog that I do not usually talk about is my passion for exercise and nutrition. I love the idea of feeding my body with nutrient rich food that makes me feel good, and balancing that with my love for running. My two passions in life- school counseling and exercise- have finally come together and I could not be more excited about it! This past week, "Girls on the Run" started. This after school program encourages girls to take care of their body- emotionally and physically. There is a lesson taught each "practice" that goes along with many of the topics that a guidance program would cover: friendship, optimism, and encouraging ourselves and others.

The running goal of this program is for the participants to run a 5k at the end of spring; I cannot wait to see what this program does for the girls and feel very lucky to be able to volunteer!