Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Field Trips

Recently,  I was able to go on the 4th and 5th grade field trip to the Jacksonville symphony! It was a wonderful performance and I was/am amazed at the talent of these individuals. It got me thinking about all the things that these 4th and 5th graders could do when they "grow up" and find their own careers.While some of them were not thrilled to be going, after seeing all the different instruments, the beautiful hall where it was held, and the level of talent, many left with smiles on their faces.

It got me thinking about exposure:

The more we show them- the more options they will know about. Whether it be a baseball game, a musical, a culinary center, or a museum, if they do not know it exists, how can they be interested?


Have you gone on any field trips that really exposed your students to something completely new and different? 

I'd love to hear about it!