1. Goal: Reduce the number of absences by 50% for students who have 20 or more absences.
Target Group: Based on the 2012-2013 school year, there were 16 students with 20 or more absences. I will be focusing my efforts on decreasing the number of students with 20 or more absences by at least 50 %.
A:A2.2 Demonstrate how effort and persistence positively affect learning.
A:A3.1 Take responsibility for their actions
A:B1.4 Seek information and support from faculty, staff, family and peers.
1.During planning week (August 2013), call the 16 families from the 2012-2013 attendance record, and explain that their student had excessive absences, and this school year, they will be closely monitored.
2.Monthly AIT (Attendance intervention team) meetings with guardian, parent, attendance coordinator, and student.
3.Attendance record sheet for each teacher to fill out for absent students.
4. Attendance treats every 9 weeks for students with perfect attendance and 2of less tardies.
1. Parent contact information
2. Record Sheet from Teachers
3. Money to buy incentive for each student with perfect attendance each 9 weeks.
I am itching for more advice and/or ideas on how to improve attendance.
If you have anything- please share!
With love and attendance,
Your Floridian Chick!