Monday, October 28, 2013

Walk the Walk, Talk the Walk for RED Ribbon Week!

The annual red ribbon week has already come and gone this year, but I wanted to share with you our exciting week and how it went!  We had a 4 day week so we day we dressed up to "fight drugs". Our theme this year was "Walk the walk, talk the talk" and our decorations showed it!

Here are some ideas hopefully you can use for future dress up days:

Monday- Follow your dreams, not drugs- Pajama Day!
Tuesday- Career Day! What do you want to be when you grow up?
Wednesday- Team up against drugs-wear your favorite jersey
Thursday- Red Ribbon Celebration- Wear as much red as possible!
  • I am no fool, I intentionally put pajama day on Monday- who doesn't want to wear sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a robe to work on a Monday?
  •  As for career day, I went for comfort again and dressed up as an Olympic Athletic runner! I had a medal in my office from the Disney 1/2 marathon, so I wore my sneakers, running shirt, work out Capri pants, and my medal! I taped "#Runner #9887" to my back and off I went!
  • As for Wednesday, I had to represent my college, and went with a JMU football jersey.
  • Lunch for our winners!
  • Thursday was full of red, with a red shirt, hair accessory, and bracelet. 
As for activities, the students could submit posters and one page essays promoting our theme of Walk the Walk, Talk the Talk and why drugs are harmful. Each grade had 3 winners for each contest. We ate a very fancy lunch tomorrow consisting of pizza from a local restaurant!  As you can see from the pictures, this giant train was hung in our cafeteria with the children's picture in each bubble. Teachers gave students the opportunity in class to make these so they could be hung up to promote unity against drugs!

Overall, it was a great week and I am thankful for all of YOUR ideas that you share with me!

Sincerely yours,
Floridian Chick