Monday, December 30, 2013

Holiday Party!

WHEW! Friends, it has been quite a while since my last post. No excuse will do justice, but I do have some fun to share about the last month of life:)

I feel one of the major roles as a counselor in a school is to be the cheerleader. Our school is compiled of a few different committees. I am a co-chair of the school climate committee. Our big responsibilities include Red Ribbon week, winter and spring luncheons for the faculty, and spirit week. I feel like these activities fall under my job- so I might as well help with the committee!

Our committee planned for weeks to make a great winter luncheon for the faculty/staff who have worked their tails off during the first semester. In addition to the paper invitation, our PE and art teacher went "door to door" to staff members dressed up at the Polar Express conductor and the homeless man on the top of the train to deliver "golden tickets". The staff laughed long and hard- a memorable moment for sure!  I hope you can use some of these ideas for next year! While getting high test scores, good grades, efficient/effective lesson plans are important, it is also crucial to actually TALK to the people we work with, and know who they are outside the 4 walls of the school building.

Invitation in each mailbox!
Place settings for each person

My amazing co-chair and I dressed up for festive sweater contest!

Gift certificates from the principal to the storeroom!

Did someone say dessert? 








Well friends, I promise to be getting back to speed in the next few days as I recap the last few events that are worth sharing! I wish you and your family a very merry and happy new year and cannot wait to see what 2014 brings for all of us!

With a very full Christmas cookie belly,

Your Floridian Chick