Tuesday, April 8, 2014

March Results, heading into April with a different :To-Do" list!

March has come and gone within minutes it feels like..During this month,my goals were the following:
1.Finish my 2 girls groups
2. Finish the SS GRIN boys groups
3.Start 2 more lunch bunch groups
Results: 
1. CHECK! Lunch bunch with 5th grade girls is complete
2. CHECK! This 10 week group is done and I will be starting a new 9 week group next week.
3. Started this week!
After I posted about my March goals, I had a a counselor friend of mine remind me about the importance of to- do lists, and how they can become so important that we lose sight of the bigger picture. There will DEFINITELY be goals that I do not make, but maybe those months, I got to make some great connections with kids who were not on my "list". While these goals are great and creating objectives lists are crucial, they are not THE most important thing. 

For this month of April, my goals are much more subjective:

1. Administer the FCAT to my group of students.
2. Make connections with each one of the people in that small group. 
3. Spend at least one hour in the cafeteria every day, and sit with a different class.

At the end of the month, there will be no objective results to these goals, but hopefully I will feel good about the new relationships I have made. 

Learning as we go,

Your Floridian Chick:)