Monday, September 22, 2014

Bulletin Board Advocating

It's true... My advocacy has taken on a new levels his year
 of getting the school counseling name out there.. This bulletin board is just outside my room, and in he the past, it had been used by the teacher across the hall. This year, the board stood empty long enough for me to jump on the advocacy train and just be plain blunt: I AM A SCHOOL COUNSELOR AND I CAN HELP! 

As you can see, a 5 year old  could read this- it is plain, simple, and to the point. I posted my daily tasks, my brochure, and my name.. That is about it... Hopefully as parents walk by, they think one of 2 things: 1. "oh ya! I know her, she's our school counselor!" Or ( hopefully not) 2. "They have a school counselor? Oh wow I didn't know she helped with...."

Counselors- find a board, put your information on it and get your name out there like crazy! 

Bluntly said, 

Your Floridian chick!