Saturday, October 18, 2014

Back to School!

Now if this doesn't look like fun, I don't know what does!
My time out of the classroom existed for about 2.5 years. I have been getting a little itchy and felt that I really missed being a student. I have been playing out the different outcomes in my mind: getting another masters or getting a doctorate...

My bank account did not agree with either of these options and luckily living and working in a huge district has given me the opportunity to get different endorsements. I had a few to choose from, but after having some conversations with colleagues, and my principal, I decided to go in for the 300 hour reading endorsement.  I am starting off with an assessment class,and a foundations class to get my feet wet again. Since I spend a good amount of time with RTI each month, I feel that it will help our teachers and students to give them more resources and to give me a better understanding of their struggles.

I truly miss being a student and am excited to get back into the classroom with my buns in a seat and not in front of the room!

I am wondering- what do you counselors do after you get your masters in counseling? I LOVE learning and would like to continue my education- but where do I go from here?!

Reading away,

Your Floridian Chick