Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Inspiration on wheels

OK.OK.OK... so this is my second post that is not exactly about school counseling, it is more a post about life, relationships, and a whole lot of love.


A few months ago, I posted about my friend Annie - who suffered a brain aneurysm, and I wanted to share an update on how great she is doing, and hopefully send a little inspiration your way when you are having a not so wonderful day- or when you are having a life is phenomenal- kind of day.

Amanda Sheroff, left, and Annie Leslie use the pedal power of two to complete a leg in the City to Shore Ride.
Tandem biking for two is the article that was written about her- it was in 12 newspapers across New Jersey. She is a breath of fresh air and truly an inspiration as I look at my life and the lives of those around me. There are times in my job [let's be serious, life], when I feel that things are frustrating, unfair, I am quickly reminded that it is a privileged to be alive, have a job, and not only that, but the best job in the world [bias much Amanda?].  I hope you enjoy the article and think about someone in your life that really pushes you to be a better person and think outside the box.

 It seems like mother nature threw a few curves, but those curves created a much more scenic route, clearly less traveled, but great in its own way.

Happy Healthy tandem for two,
Your Floridian Chick