Sunday, March 8, 2015

Darkness To Light facilitator training

Eight hours later and I am done! I am officially a facilitator for Darkness to Light child sexual abuse prevention program. If you have never heard of this program it is in all 50 states and going worldwide! The program is only two hours long but during that time you have the opportunity to hear from multiple sexual abuse victims as they come out and share their horrific stories of how these actions have changed them forever. You also have the opportunity to learn about five simple steps that you can take in order to prevent child sexual abuse. One of the great things about this program is that it is not geared towards only educators; it is designated for any adult who knows children and is willing to help. Now that I have received this training, I can facilitate the program to any adult who works with or knows children.

I urged those of you who have not heard of this program to check out this link and bring it to your place of work. It is so important to educate adults on the matter of child sexual abuse.The statistics are horrific and the stories are unbelievable: About one in 10 children will be sexually abused before their 18th birthday. This was startling to me, and it reinforced for me the need for a program like this. 

D2L has partnered with YMCA, and
that is where our training was held. 
If you live in Florida and would like the training, I would love to facilitate this program for you! If you are not geographically close to me, please check out the website and see what days and times the program is held and who could facilitate for you!

Ending child sexual abuse one program at a time,

Your Floridian chick